Help & FAQ
PRODUCT INFO & CARE
Are products featured on Afterglo body safe?Yes, it’s part of our DNA! The Afterglo Team carefully selects products to make sure they are made of high-grade body-safe materials and natural ingredients.
All our brands verify that their products are of high-quality standards and that any raw ingredients have never been tested on animals.
Most of our products are vegan and gluten free; full ingredients lists are available on each product page.
Who can I contact for product advice?It’s our pleasure to answer any questions you may have or help you with your product selections. Just send us a note and we’ll be more than happy to help you find the best items to satisfy your curiosity.
What kind of lubricant should I use?
- Silicone-based lube is slippery, long lasting, and great for long or underwater sessions. You will need mild soap and water to clean up and to be careful with your precious sheets to avoid staining.
- Silicone-based lubricants should not be used with silicone-based products as they can break down the rubber over time and will negate manufacturer’s warranty.
- Silicone-based lubes are safe to use with any latex products and toys made from non-silicone materials such as ABS plastic, glass and steel.
- Water-based lube is safe to use with any type of material and for any type of sex. It’s great for those with sensitive skin and can be used with condoms and silicone sex toys.
- Water-based lube is easy to clean off of sheets and clothes and won’t leave a stain.
- Water-based lube may require re-application during sessions and it not ideal for underwater sessions as it easily washes away.
- Oil-based lube provides a slippery feel that lasts longer than water-based lube. It is great for all types of sessions, including sensual massages and underwater sex.
- Oil-based lubes are compatible with silicone toys but can require more work to clean off.
- Oil-based lubes should not be used with latex condoms as they can dissolve the latex.
Lubes for Anal SexPersonal lubrication is recommended for anal sex since the anal canal does not produce fluids to help ease penetration. Plus, the tight muscular sphincter at the entrance of the anus offers much more resistance than the vagina, which is full of folds and stretchable tissue.
Lubes for Painful SexIf sex is painful to you, increasing lubrication isn’t always the answer. If you do experience recurrent or worsening pain during sex, see your healthcare provider.
Can I heat or cool my pleasure products?We do not recommend heating, cooling or freezing any product that has a motor. Extreme temperature changes may result in damaging electronics / battery operated products as well as nullify any warranty coverage.
Can I use my products in the shower or bath?Any products with our waterproof icon can be used in the shower or bath.
How do I clean my pleasure products?
- As product care is unique to each item, we recommend you review product care instructions provided.
- For waterproof and water-resistant items, easy care of soap and water is sufficient.
- Allow to air dry or wipe dry with a clean cloth.
- For anal products, thoroughly clean with mild antibacterial soap and warm water is recommended. Allow to air dry.
- Another effective method is to spray toy cleaner onto surface and simply wipe it off.